We loved learning from our Planet Earth Books during our unit study and there were so many different topics to dive into, covering topics like; Weather, the water cycle, and the rock cycle. the layers of the earth, geographic features, the natural wonders to biomes, and different habitats! The Earth is such a massive topic that we could have studied it for weeks longer than we did!
Homeschool Preschool Planet Earth Unit Study
I shared all about our homeschool preschool Planet Earth unit in another post! Be sure to check it out if you want some perfect activity suggestions about geography and the natural world around us!
One thing I like about our lesson plans is that anyone could adapt them easily for use because we rely on books to be our main teaching tool! Make sure to check it out after you reserve some of the books below!
Planet Earth Books proved a little tricky to find…
There are PLENTY of books that talk about planet earth…if you’re talking about Earth day and protecting the earth. That wasn’t what I was after this time around and I found it difficult to find fiction/picture books that just focused on the natural world. So if you have any recommendations leave them down below!!!
This post contains some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive a small commission from if you follow and decide to purchase. There would be no additional cost to you!
General Books about our Planet Earth for Preschoolers
Some of the planet earth books listed below are above a preschool level but I found them very helpful and you can always pick and choose how much to read and what to leave out or how to summarize.
- Secrets of the Seasons
- The Reasons for Seasons
- Watching the Seasons
- The Ultimate Book of Planet Earth
- My First Book of Earth: All About Our Planet for Kids
- Geography from A to Z
- I wonder why the Wind Blows and other questions about our planet
- Our Planet! There’s No Place Like Earth
Usborne Books About the Planet Earth
I wanted to give a special shout-out to Usborne Books and More, they carry some truly stunning and informational books that we love using for homeschool. They are my favorite for presenting lots of information in a way that is easy for littles to understand and all the flaps don’t hurt either!
Also, I am an Usborne consultant and If you choose to purchase anything through one of my links below know that I will make a small commission at NO cost to you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to help support my family!
- The Big picture book of Planet Earth
- Look Inside our World
- My Very First Our World Book
- Questions and answers about weather
- Look inside Wild Weather
- Very First Questions And Answers : What are Clouds
- First Questions and Answers : What makes it rain?
- Looking after our Planet
Biomes and Ecosystem Books
This was my favorite topic to talk about but I STRUGGLED to find many planet earth books that covered more than one biome. If you’re okay with lots of separate books then The About Habitats line is a great option!
- Beastly Biomes
- Wild World
- Over and Under the Pond; Rainforest; Canyon
- Red Planet; Green Planet; Blue Planet
- About Habitats – Deserts, forests, mountains, rivers and streams, grasslands, seashores, wetlands, tundras, polar regions
- Over in the – Jungle, Mountain, Desert, Arctic, Grasslands, Forest, River, Australia, Deep in the Swamp
Water Cycle and Weather Books
I actually wasn’t planning on covering the water cycle much with our planet Earth unit study this time around, but after looking into lesson ideas more it was just too connected and water is kinda a big deal on Planet Earth. ;p
- Water Is Water
- A Drop Around the World
- Water and Land
- How do wind and Water Change Earth?
- Look at the Weather
- First big book of weather
- Weather Words and What They Mean
If you want more details on our homeschool preschool planet earth, you can check it out here. I go into more detail about the kind of work, the crafts, and everything that we did during this unit study!