We have an ever-growing collection of books and as with most things in life, our favorites tend to rise to the top and get set on repeat. These are our favorite picture books for 2 year olds and not just her favorites but mine as well!
If there is one thing that I am always okay with its more books. We LOVE reading around here and its one thing that we do every day. Reading is so important for little brains as it helps to develop their language skills, their vocab and some of the best books even sneak in some life lessons
Our Favorite picture books for 2 year olds keep the story fairly simple, they tend to rhyme, are often a little silly and have beautiful artwork (at least my favorite do)
Favorite Picture Books for 2 year olds
- One Pup’s Up – a little of puppies wake up one by one only to eat and then fall asleep again.
- Bitty Bot – A little robot zooms off to Mars one night. I honestly got this because of the Bitty in the title and I have been so pleasantly surprised!
- The Big Umbrella – There is always room under the friendly big umbrella. This picture books as a great message that all are welcome.
- Little Green Peas – I prefer the LMNO pea books but she is always drawn to this one, that talks about the colors
- Frozen Big Golden Book – This picture book is a long one, but very faithful to the movie.
- The Day the Crayons Quit – A box of crayons leaves letters to the little boy who colors with them. This one can get long but can be fun to read
- Caps for Sale – A peddler runs into some monkey business. this is an older book that I honestly don’t LOVE, but boy does she like it
- My Garden – A little girl dreams of a garden where you could grow seashells and flowers that can change colors, jelly bean bushes, and strawberries that glow in the dark
- Littles and How They Grow – a great book for new big brothers and sisters that talks about how babies are different and always growing!
- Penguinaut! – he can do it himself, but it’s so much more fun with friends
Classic Favorites that All 2 Year Olds Love
Board Books that are Still Favorites of Ours
These books are technically board books and I mentioned them in her favorite toddler board books, but we still read them on the regular and we both still really enjoy them
- Llama Llama Red Pajama – if you haven’t read this where have you been?!
- I’m Going to Give You a Bear Hug – all the different kinds of hugs to give while you get ready for bed
- Uni the Unicorn – a sweet book about a unicorn and little girl believing in yourself and your dreams
Coming Soon to a Bookshelf Near Us
Naturally, her favorite books are the ones we own and thus can reread over and over, that said we like to try out lots of books via our local library and have found some real gems this way that we are sure to add to our collection soon
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild – Mt. tiger is bored with being so proper and just wants to loosen up a bit
- Pippa & Percival Pancake & Poppy Four Peppy Puppies – such a fun read about the adventure these four pups have
- Little Excavator – the little excavator tries to do all the big trucks jobs but when it comes down to it he has a job that only he can do
Favorite Picture Books for 2 Year Olds May Vary…
Every little kid and parent is going to have different tastes in what kind of books they like so you may not like all the same books as we like. But I find that it can be a little overwhelming sifting through the library or the books store. Sometimes it’s nice to have some recommendations to look into. I urge you to try some new books, who knows you may just find some new favorite picture books for your 2 year old.